Irish Ferries call to Pembroke Dock.
Situated on the Milford Haven, Pembroke Dock was once a naval town. Most of the historic buildings date from the period 1814 to the 1920’s. The shipyard built over 250 ships for the Royal Navy including three Royal Yachts.
The forts and naval barracks which protected the dockyard from potential attack still dominate the town
During World War 2, the Haven was a base for flying boats and the hugh aircraft hangers in the dockyard are a present day reminder of that time.
It is the terminal for the ferry service to Ireland operated by Irish Ferries.